This year LADA organized the fourth the Langkawi Tourism Awards (LITA) on 6 December 2014 held at Mahsuri International Exhibition Centre (MIEC) next to the Langkawi International Airport
A total of 17 categories were contested at the event and the winners of the 17categories are:
1. Best 5-Star – Four Seasons Resort Langkawi
2. Best 4-Star – Casa Del Mar Langkawi
3. Best 3-Star – The Frangipani Resort & Spa
4. Best Restaurant – Fish Farm
5. Best F & B Outlets – The Gulai House, The Datai
6. Best Practices Geo-park – The Frangipani Resort & Spa
7. Best Geo-park Experience – Four Seasons Resort Langkawi
8. Best Geo-park Community – KPSP Kilim
9. Best Boat Operator – Naam Cruise Sdn. Bhd.
10. Best Tourist Guide – Mr Irshad Mobarak
11. Best Tour Operator – Gerteknik Travel & Tour Sdn Bhd.
12. Best Taxi Driver – Mr Feisazudin Bin Abdul Hadi
13. Best Iconic Event – Royal Langkawi International Regatta 2013
14. Based Best Hotel Spa – V Integrated Wellness & Botanical Spa, The Andaman
15. Best Tourism Attraction – Langkawi Skycab
16. Best Duty Free Business – Skymall Duty Free Langkawi International Airport
17. Best Homestay – Madam Aisyah Binti Ismail/Keda Housing Langkawi
18. Outstanding Community Leader – Mr Maton Bin Hj Mahmud
The awards were presented to the winners by Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah and Kedah Religious, Indian and Siamese Community Affairs, Human Resource and Tourism Committee chairman Datuk Mohd Rawi Abd Hamid. Also present at the function was Lada chief executive officer Tan Sri Khalid Ramli.
There 9,040 of hotel rooms available in Langkawi as of December 2014 which was release by LADA, ranging from unrated rooms to 5-Star rooms. LADA is targeting to achieve 3 million tourists arrival to the island with RM3.8billion receipt.